Food is a major sexual health influencer, and there are certain foods that you should eat to get a harder and longer erection.
And the fact is that many people don’t realize this and would go behind chemical drugs or scam products to boost their erection to mess things up finally.
All you need to do is identify those foods that can do good for you and make it a habit, and the sexual health will automatically improve.
This article is exclusively about some of the foods that can help you boost your erection. We also introduce you to some of the natural erection boosting supplements as well.
So, without much suspense, let us move into the core of this article.
The mechanism behind erection
Erection is a biochemical – physiological process that actually starts in the brain and ends with an erected penis.
When you come across a sexual stimulus (touch, sight, smell, sound, etc.), your brain will initiate a signaling cascade using neurotransmitters.
This will result in an increase of nitric oxide in the blood, which helps the penile arteries to relax, thereby increasing the blood flow into the penis.
Penis has two chambers or sacs that can inflate or deflate according to the blood flow.
At the same time, the veins that drain blood from penis tissue closes, thus trapping the blood, leading to an erection.
Any issues anywhere in the cascade of events could lead to erectile dysfunction (ED).
How food influences a harder and stronger erection?
The factors mentioned above, like neurotransmitter balance, blood flow, nitric oxide levels, or hormones regulating all these (e.g., testosterone), are highly dependent on the food that you eat.
The body requires a constant supply of nutrients like vitamins, amino acids, minerals, antioxidants, etc. to run all the functions in your body.
For an erection to work correctly, two things are crucial, one is testosterone, and another is nitric oxide.
Vitamin (like D, C, E, etc.), amino acids (arginine, citrulline, glutamic acid, etc.) antioxidants, and minerals (zinc, magnesium, etc.) are needed for the body to maintain above requirements.
So, if you get a nutrient-rich diet all day, your body will function better. However, if you go with fast/junk food, you will meet calorific needs, but not micronutrient requirements.
What should you eat to get a harder and stronger erection?
- Oyster: This seafood is recommended for those who need an uplift in their sex life. Oyster is rich in zinc, which can boost testosterone production for a better erection, supercharged libido, and heightened orgasm.
- Garlic: One of the most underestimated foods and garlic is a classic ingredient in many male performance enhancers due to its ability to increase testosterone levels. It can also improve blood circulation to boost erection.
- Onion: One of the superfoods best known for its ability to boost sexual energy in both men and women. It is used in Ayurveda as sex tonic for its nitric oxide and androgen increasing capability, granting you better sex life.
- Citrus Fruits: When you hear the term citrus, Vitamin C might be the first that pops in your mind. Orange, lemon, pineapple, grapes, pomelo, yuzu, grapefruit, etc. fall in this category. They can help with nitric oxide activity, thereby improving the vasodilation.
- Chocolate: Not just any chocolate, but dark chocolate is what you should eat. It is a classic aphrodisiac that can significantly improve your sexual performance and erection. It can also help women to increase libido.
- Saffron: One of the most expensive spices, and is best known for its skin rejuvenating properties. But the unknown is its ability to boost libido in both men and women. Drinking saffron milk can give a rock-hard erection.
- Pomegranates: A rich source of polyphenols, and other flavonoids, pomegranate has excellent antioxidant activity necessary for sperm health. It can enhance the endothelial levels of nitric oxide for efficient vasodilation.
- Banana: Another superfood in our list and banana is a readily available fruit best for daily intake. It has high levels of potassium, which can modulate the penis sacs for a better and long-lasting erection.
Make it quick with natural supplements
Changing diet, including some superfoods, replacing your favorite snack with fruits, etc. are painstaking and time-consuming processes.
For immediate results, a natural dietary supplement for the erection is mostly recommended.
These are nothing but a combination of organic ingredients or food products that contains all vital nutrients crucial for your sexual health.
Here are some of the best pills for harder and firmer erection:
1. Max Performer
The best herbal alternative for a PDE5 inhibitor drug, this supplement can work as efficiently as sildenafil or tadalafil. It can also improve your sex life by enhancing libido and orgasm.
2. Male Extra
One of the best nitric oxide boosting supplements with 600mg of L-arginine, and this product can increase NO activity within a few minutes. It can also treat erectile dysfunction and Peyronie’s disease.
3. VigRX Plus
A whopping 1.2 million units of this supplement has been sold so far. It contains 10 potent and top-rated ingredients, including Bioperine and Muira Puama, for a superior erectile function.
4. Eron Plus
A combination of two sets of pills, which works on two aspects of sexual health, erection, and libido. If you regularly use this product for a few weeks, you can get a super-fast libido and stable erection.
If faster results are what you need, then nothing is better than VigraFast. An astonishing 44% of its customers got results in less than 1 week of use, and it works by supplement L-arginine for high NO activity.
If you are struggling in bed because of your erection problem, then changing your food habits is the first and foremost thing to do.
You don’t have to overload the above foods in the diet, but try to include at least some of them, which over time, will give results.
However, if you are impatient and need a quick result, then natural erection supplements are the way to go.
These products can significantly improve the efficacy of the result and reduce the effort in eating foods.
So, without thinking twice, start to bring a change in your food habits to enjoy greatly in bed.